The FundoLinker founding members managed to complete their education mainly due to support from well wishers and Good Samaritans. Today we wish to reciprocate indirectly and give scholarships to deserving students who are facing financial challenges. But we would like to do this using technology so that we promote fairness, transparency, inspiration and participation. So we are proud to make use of the FundoLinker Platform to brighten the future of bright and passionate students who shall grow and develop their respective nations.
Scholarships will come in different forms in the FundoLinker community. But we would like to bring your attention to our scholarships which are unsurprisingly named FundoLinker Scholarships and Crowd Donation Scholarships. FundoLinker scholarships are those sourced and managed by the FundoLinker secretariat in collaboration with schools, trainers and tutors in the FundoLinker community. FundoLinker reserves 10% of its net profit towards helping students in need in the FundoLinker community.
Crowd Donation scholarships are those funded by companies, schools and the generous crowd donors. You see, you don't just need to be a student,parent, guardian, tutor, trainer or school administrator to register on FundoLinker. You can join FundoLinker as a donor, scholarship donor to be more specific. Blessed are those who give. Invite as many scholarship donors as you can to FundoLinker. Blessed are those who invite too.
1) A student in need, or his or her parent or guardian applies for a crowd donor assistance specifying the school of the student in need among other details.
2) The school of the student in need may accept or reject the application.
3) If accepted the applicant can ask for recommendation from the previous schools of the student in need to reinforce the application.
4) If accepted the benevolent crowd donors on FundoLinker will start giving their donations
5) The collected monies will be send to the receiving school
A hybrid scholarship is a scholarship that combines the features of a crowd scholarship and a FundoLinker scholarship.
1) Based on a need in the FundoLinker community, FundoLinker sets a target eg. $20,000 for Grade 7 school fees.
2) FundoLinker invites companies and schools to raise the money.
3) If the target is met FundoLinker will call upon suitable schools to apply to allow their students to apply for this scholarship.
4) Interested students or parents/guardians on behalf of their children apply choosing their schools, trainers or tutors.
5) Schools, trainers or tutors endorse students who chose them when applying for this scholarship
6) A FundoLinker scholarship engine is run to choose successful students in a fair and transparent manner at the end of the scholarship period. (We will provide further details about this FundoLinker scholarship engine)