- Cookies are simple text files. They are needed to help navigate automatic logins, password authentication, shopping cart functions, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions. Cookies make these functions smooth and hassle-free to the user.
- Cookies don't search your computer for information. Cookies register the information you provide through your browser. When you enter personal and/or financial information on FundoLinker, the cookies store your information, both for ease of use on your next visit, and for ad tracking.
- Information stored by cookies is usually encoded; it is protected from potential computer hackers by security features (which FundoLinker, have put into place.)
- Cookies are necessary and enhance your browsing experience. Without cookies, you would have to reenter all of your information every time you revisited a site. A cookie will simply remember your information on FundoLinker to save you time.
- Cookies only store the information you provide. A cookie cannot "grab" your email address. A cookie can store your email address on FundoLinker if you have typed in your email address; a cookie stores all information you voluntarily give when you visit FundoLinker.
- Cookies themselves contain very little information other than the URL of the website that created the cookie. Because there is so little information, a cookie can't be used to identify you by name or other personal information. However, advances in technology have seen an increase in how companies can manipulate cookie information to create a profile of your web surfing habits. Again, this is a profile of a particular consumer's surfing habits and product preferences, there is no name (your name) attached to the profile.
- Cookies are harmless. They cannot introduce viruses on your computer.
- Cookies are not the same thing as Spyware. A cookie stores your website surfing information; Spyware stores your Internet surfing information (every site you visit).
If you don't want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings. If you use FundoLinker without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the FundoLinker website. Please not that the FundoLinker site will not work properly without cookies.